Benefits of CNADM Membership
- Reduced rates for all workshops and association dance manuals.
- Certification from our highly respected dance association.
- Scholarship opportunities for your most talented students.
- Discounted fees for licensing from ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
- A free DVD of your workshop choreography and music CD-Rom for those in attendance.
- Participation in the Student Honors Program.
- Regular newsletters containing the latest news of interest to dance educators.
- Entrance to special Members Only events
Requirements to Join CNADM
To be considered as a member, you:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have been engaged as a dance teacher or assistant, or equivalent qualifications, for at least two years.
- Must pass the required membership examination, given at two different times during the Summer Workshops.
- Must adhere agree to adhere to the Standards and Code of Ethics of CNADM.
Examinations are held two times during the Summer Workshops. Each candidate must complete a basic oral and written examination in two or more disciplines: Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Modern. Applicant must complete 80% of the exam to pass and must be in full attendance at either Training School or Convention during the Summer Workshops.
$35 Application Fee
$100 First Year Dues paid at successful completion of examination
$140 Annual Dues in subsequent years, billed on January 1st of each year. All members who attend a workshop in the previous year will receive a $30 educational rebate on their subsequent year's dues.
For membership application click here.
CNADM has a reciprocal membership agreement with the Dance Masters of Wisconsin and Southern Association of Dance Masters. If you are a member in good standing with one of these organizations, you may join CNADM by completing the Reciprocal Membership Application and paying the first year’s dues.