In light of the recent developments with the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), the CNADM Summer Dance Workshops will not be held on July 20-27, 2020 at the Doubletree Chicago – Oak Brook in Oak Brook, Illinois.
The health and wellness of our attendees, faculty, vendors, and traveling guardians are of the utmost importance to us. While we were looking forward to seeing you all in July, we feel making this decision now was our most responsible course of action. Some of the issues considered in arriving at this decision are:
Even by maintaining recommended spacing guidelines in classrooms and workshops, we cannot guarantee our top priority: Every participant’s health and safety.
Although the peak of this crisis may be behind us by July, our attendees and vendors must make the decision to attend now when the crisis is at its worst. We feel it is right to provide early notification to those who are considering attending, BEFORE time, money and effort is put into making travel plans, hotel accommodations, etc.
The economic impacts of the quarantines will hinder families' discretionary spending, at the same time that studios are working hard to reinvent their delivery methods. Studios may not have the ability to support fundraising to attend the workshops - and we don’t want to compete for your students’ discretionary dollars.
If you have already registered for the conference, the office staff will refund the registration fees that you paid. If you have made reservations at the Doubletree Hotel, you will need to contact them directly to cancel your rooms. The links and contact information for the hotel will remain on the website at https://cnadmdance.com/our-host/
A few other questions you may have:
- Anyone who was planning to take the CNADM Membership or CDE examinations, or complete the MDE status requirements at summer, will be able to do this at the Fall Workshops on November 7-8, 2020.
- If you have a student who earned a Merit Scholarship at the 2019 Workshops to be used this summer, that scholarship will be honored in 2021.
- If you have students who applied for workshop scholarships for the 2020 Summer Workshops, those applications will be returned to you and they can be resubmitted next Spring for the 2021 Summer Workshops.
- Members who were being honored at the banquet with their 25- and 50-year service awards, will have these awards sent to them and you will be invited to celebrate with us at the 2021 banquet.
- Elections for Board and Officer positions will not be held. All positions will remain in place until the next elections in 2021.
- If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to the office at 815-397-6282.
CNADM has been a source of quality education for dance teachers and their students for 108 years. We’ve survived wars, and a headquarters fire, and we will survive COVID-19 by keeping our priorities on the health and safety of our teachers and their students.
We’ll miss you, and we’re looking forward to a time when we can connect in person again. If you have any questions, contact us at any time!
Michele St. Clair, Kathy Velasco