The advantages of membership in CNADM are many, including continuing educational opportunities, support and networking with peers, and opportunities to exchange ideas and information.
Benefits of CNADM Membership
- Reduced rates for all workshops and association dance manuals.
- Certification from our highly respected dance association.
- Scholarship opportunities for your most talented students.
- Discounted fees for licensing from ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
- Videos of your workshop choreography and music for those in attendance.
- Participation in the Student Honors Program.
- Regular newsletters containing the latest news of interest to dance educators.
- Entrance to special Members Only events
Requirements to Join CNADM
To be considered as a member, you:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have been engaged as a dance teacher or assistant, or equivalent qualifications, for at least two years.
- Must pass the required membership examination, offered each Summer and Fall Workshop.
Each candidate must complete a basic oral and written examination in two or more disciplines: Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Modern. Applicant must complete 80% of the exam to pass and must be in full attendance at the Summer Workshops (Training School or Convention) or the Fall Workshop.
- Must adhere agree to adhere to the Standards and Code of Ethics of CNADM.
Examinations are held on Sunday and Thursday for those attending the Summer Workshops
and Friday for those attending the Fall Workshop.
Upon successful completion of the exam, the applicant's name will be presented to the membership for approval and presented for obligation. (Thursday or Monday in Summer; Sunday in Fall)
New members will be asked to pay their first year's dues to receive their membership packet and begin receiving member benefits. $100 for summer exams; $140 for fall exams
$35 Application Fee
$140 Annual Dues in subsequent years, billed on January 1st of each year. All members who attend a workshop in the previous year will receive a $30 educational rebate on their subsequent year's dues.
Download membership application click here.
CNADM has a reciprocal membership agreement with the Dance Masters of Wisconsin and Southern Association of Dance Masters. If you are a member in good standing with one of these organizations, you may join CNADM by completing the Reciprocal Membership Application and paying the first year’s dues.